Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Genesis 1

This is the first in a series of daily devotions that will take us through each chapter of God's Word. Join Pastor Jason as he reads through the word of God with you and encorages you to not only read the word but to think and pray about it as well. This methodical approach to studying the Scriptures is called leco divina and has been used for centuries to help people really dig deeply into God's Word. Begin this journey through the Scriptures with Genesis 1.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I wanted to first say that I am excited about this long study of the entire Bible. There are so many things unclear to me, and this will be a wonderful learning experience.
Sometimes I feel like I want more from Genesis, especially this first chapter. The whole earth, created in one week. This is simply amazing. Now I've heard theories, like the Genesis 1-2 gap or that perhaps a day for us is a much longer time for God, like 1000 years and so He created the earth in this time span. However, I believe this is where our faith really begins-believing that God did what He said in the time that He claimed He completed it. And I have asked myself, well what about carbon-dating? what about evolution? I believe that there are certain fallacies to carbon-dating and even evolution must be taken on "belief" because you really do not know for sure. But I do believe the Word of God. I may be getting away from the point of Genesis 1, but my biggest question has been, at what point is Satan and 1/3 of the angels cast down to the earth? And why would God create man to live in the very place he cast down evil beings? I have no doubt that God's will is already revealing itself, even though I have trouble rapping my mind around it.